Foreign Terror Threat
- Voted Nay on American Security Against Foreign Enemies (SAFE) Act that that expands background checks of Syrian and Iraqi refugees to US.
- Sends letter to President Obama urging acceptance of at least 200,000 of Syrian and Iraqi refugees to US in 2016.
Iran Nuclear Deal
- Voted Nay on Justice for Victims of Iranian Terrorism Act – prohibits sanctions on Iran from being lifted until Iran pays court-ruled fines for judgments related to terrorism.
- Voted Nay on resolution that alleges that the President has not transmitted the Iran nuclear agreement to the appropriate Congressional committees.
- Voted Nay on bill that prohibits the President from reducing certain sanctions on Iran until January 21, 2017.
Voted against authorizing the Department of Veterans Affairs “to remove or demote a VA employee based on performance or misconduct”. He voted against improving health care for our veterans.
Lieu votes Nay on:
- VA Accountability First and Appeals Modernization Act of 2016
- Veterans Administration Accountability Act 2015
Affordable Health Care Act (ObamaCare)
- Voted Nay on the Restoring Americans’ Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act of 2015, a good and fair bill to revise Obamacare
- No mention of border security on his website and supports Sanctuary Cities.
- Voted Nay on the Enforce the Law for Sanctuary Cities Act.